Monday, February 1, 2010

A Heart Issue

Went over to Mark and Maria's last night and was speaking to Mark about heart rate.

Now Mark is an avid cyclist and one of these guys that is absolutely in tune with his body.

I told him that my Garmin had been telling me my average heart rate per run was about 168. It gets there quite quickly and stays there for the duration of the run, no matter how long I run for.

He had such a look of concern on his face that it threw me! He started asking me if I felt any distress while running etc etc.
I just know I'm going to get paranoid about this now!

So I wrote about it on the Aus Run Forums and will see what others have to say about it.

I ran a fairly easy 12kms this morning... felt a touch sore after the 15kms yesterday but nothing bad at all. All in all, I've been really happy with how my body is holding up!

No comments:

Post a Comment