Saturday, May 1, 2010

So happy to be running....

So I was only on the treadmill as I work my fitness back up...

but as I started running I spontaneously threw my hands up in the air and said "I'm running!!"
My husband thought I was crazy of course!

Seeing as I felt pretty good Wednesday (apart from a heavy chest but that's another issue!) I ran 6kms today. I know I could have done more but I promised myself I'd ease into it and I want to stick to that. There's no way I'll be ready for the Gold Coast Marathon.. think I knew that but depending on how I go, I may still be able to give the Melbourne Marathon a go... see what happens...

So speaking of my chest, when I ran Wednesday, it felt really heavy and I HAVE had a chest cold so it's not surprising... and today, about 3kms in it started to get really heavy and hard to breathe. I persisted because that's just what I do but it's a little uncomfortable now....
Tomorrow I intend to do another 6 only again... See if it's better.
My body feels pretty good apart from the extra kilo's I'm carrying.

Total Kms for April - 10kms

3 comments:

  1. A heavy chest isn't good. That was one of my first symptoms for pneumonia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. April kms? We are in May - takes a while to get back in the swing of things after a holiday. Welcome back.

    Katcanrun - Aus forum

    ReplyDelete