Thursday, May 27, 2010

Another 10 despite....

Yesterday our family received the news that my father has a few days only to live. Even though we knew this day was coming, it was still distressing as you can imagine.

I don't really want to talk about that here in my running blog but the reason I mention it is because I wonder how it will affect my running.

I spent all of yesterday and a lot of today at the hospital and when I came home, I ran 10kms. It was only on the treadmill which seems to be norm for me of late but I don't care. It's what I like for now and better than doing nothing.

So I ran 10kms and felt a little better even though I still don't know what tomorrow will bring.

Total kms for May, 206kms

1 comment:

  1. Hi Margot! It's just a coincidence that my father in law who is very close to me is dying of cancer, and my family is so sad about the situation. I pray that you and your family find peace, love, acceptance out of this impending loss of a dear one. Running is a great way of dealing with all the stress and heartaches brought by a sick or dying loved one. Take care.

    ReplyDelete