Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A little bit longer

Last night I was even considering doing a 16kms run this morning.
While I knew I could probably do it, I didn't want to face failure in case I couldn't make it.
So I ended up doing 12kms this morning and you know it was actually pretty good!

We all have different ways of getting through our runs mentally. I don't say "getting through" as if it's always a struggle but we all know that if you have the right frame of mind, a run can be a breeze, or a fight to the end.

This morning was a breeze and it wasn't anything to do with physical conditioning, but that I used a secret mind weapon. Can't do it all the time or it will cease to be a weapon but I was glad with how i went this morning and it made me almost wish I had gone for more.

I now have at least one day break before my next run... might go for a 16kms run on Saturday...


Total kms for May, 72kms

1 comment:

  1. A secret mind weapon? It's not alcohol I hope, because I've already tried that and it didn't help.

    I have some positive thinking stuff I do, but I try not to do it too much or else the cynical part of my mind won't take it too seriously.

    ReplyDelete