Monday, March 22, 2010

Now that was encouraging!

So last night I went to check my mail and such and saw that a comment had been left on this blog.
The comment by JH read

"Thank god you're taking a holiday. I've been trying, and failing, to keep up with you monthly km total. I'm 9km behind right now, but that's only because I did a 28km run this afternoon.

BTW - you're definitely in shape to run a marathon, at least in my opinion. Why not take a trip to the Gold Coast in early July? It's a good marathon - very flat, very fast, and well organised."

I can't tell you how much this encouraged me!
First of all, that someone was measuring their progress against mine and secondly, because they thought I was in shape to run a marathon now!! That made me feel REALLY good.

If I wasn't taking this month off then I'd probably go for the Gold Coast one this year but as I haven't been in this position before, I don't know what running little over the next month is going to do to my fitness.
Someone else wrote me an email saying my body will probably welcome this break and come back stronger. I hope so.
And I have no idea with what intensity to come back with! Right now I'm running about 60kms a week.. maybe even a little more, so what do I do when I come back?
And I really hope I'll have a chance to run at least a couple of times a week when I'm away...

That note made it easier for me to get up early and go for my14kms run this morning. It was relatively easy. I just felt good! And you just have to love those runs!!!

Total kms for March, 214kms...

No comments:

Post a Comment