Saturday, June 19, 2010

Trying to make it back

I thought my running days were over.
Sounds dramatic and I guess I don't mean that literally, but I just couldn't see myself running again.
I even stopped visiting running sites and forums because I felt like a fake.

My injury got worse. I'm finally on some anti inflammatory's and they've helped.
I took that week off.

I don't know what caused it all.
Was it a naturally occurring injury?
Was it over training after we came back from o/s and I had that month off?
Was it being down after the death of my father?
It could have been all or nothing.

In any case, this morning I thought, what the hell am I pushing myself for? What am I trying to prove and to who?

So I ran just 8kms. And it probably should have been easier than it was but doesn't matter I did it.
I didn't have the same pain as I did last time I ran... otherwise I wouldn't have run, but now I feel a bit of pain and hope I have started up the injury again. I'll see how it goes for the rest of the day.

My goal was to run the Gold Coast Marathon next year... so I'm crazy to push myself NOW aren't I? What for? My goal should be just to keep running steady, and start my proper training for the marathon early next year.
Not that I'm an expert, but that's the way I'm thinking right now.

Total kms for May, 104kms

No comments:

Post a Comment