Saturday, June 5, 2010

Fighting the negative mind

I really didn't want to run this morning.
I could have so easily talked myself out of it.
Anyone would have said I was justified in not running... after all, i've already done 60kms this week... and that's not even considering what else has been happening this week....
Nobody would have blamed me.
On top of all that, I have a horrible right shoulder injury. I don't know what caused it but I know that Voltaran helps... but there's only so much voltaran you can take and I'm out now... I devoured the packet in a matter of days..

So I told myself I'd just get going and see how I'd go, giving myself the option to stop any time..

And after I was 5 or 6 kms in, I just put myself into automatic and finished the 12kms.

And yes, I was happy I'd done that in the end! Especially as I've been feeling soft and flabby lately. I don't know why. Maybe I'm retaining fluid or something.


But anyhow, bottom line is I'm happy I did it.

Total kms for June, 48kms

No comments:

Post a Comment