Monday, June 14, 2010

A Forced Break

Well it looks like I'm going to be taking a bit of time off running.

At this stage I'm thinking a week. I did end up going back to the doctors today and as I already knew, it wasn't a blood clot in the lungs, but something to do with my discs. I asked the doctor
specifically about running and he said the running wouldn't hurt it (good to know) but that I shouldn't run while it's flared up.
So I'm taking the week off.

I guess I feel ok about that.

I'm pretty sure my feeling of dread before running last week was due to the pain.
So I guess I'll just see how I go this week and maybe will run again on Saturday.
Even though it's due to injury I feel like I'm being lazy and losing my desire to run.

I hope not.

When I think about how I ran with those tremendously infected and painful blisters, I wonder if I'm the same person.

No comments:

Post a Comment