Saturday, June 26, 2010

Almost made it out the door....

Ok so now that I'm signed up for the Adelaide marathon, I know that I have to get in more long runs and more runs on the road... I've got to stop wussing out and using the treadmill...

This morning I was going to go on the road. I got dressed in my gear (The clothes I'd bought from the discount Nike store in Vegas... wearing them for the first time!) put on my Garmin and went outside to acquire satellites....
Well... wouldn't you know it but over the sea were the blackest clouds you could imagine.
Now I did consider running anyhow, but I really wanted to run a set amount and was relying on my Garmin and didn't want to chance it getting wet in a downpour. Those things aren't waterproof are they?

Anyhow, I ended up going back inside and did my longest run on a treadmill ever... 18kms. I know, i can't believe it either.... it was pretty boring....
But still I got a sort of longer run in and was running for a good amount of time so it's a good start to my training.
Tomorrow I might do a short run outside and do my normal stuff during the week...

Think I'll try for 21kms outside next saturday...

Total kms for June, 170kms

No comments:

Post a Comment