Saturday, July 31, 2010

Now it's the end of the month....

I just realised I tallied my monthly kms to quickly... I still had one more day in July to run.. and that was today!


Today I ran with my new water belt that I wrote about in my regular blog.

I only ran on the treadmill because I want my joints to heal a little more and the treadmill is far more forgiving than the road...
The water belt annoyed me at first and the velcro bit has to be covered but I think it will be ok. I got used to it after a few kms but when I got off and undressed, I saw my middle was completely red raw!
I ran 16kms on the treadmill which sounds like torture but there's so little stress on my body while still giving me running time and kms... I don't know why I feel like I need to defend it.
Sometimes I prefer the road, sometimes I don't mind the treadmill. I don't have a passion for either although if I had to choose one, it would definitely be the road...

So now my revised stats....


July km's 265kms Y.T.D 1457kms

Injuries Nothing significant... just general muscle soreness after longer runs

Excuses None although feeling overwhelmed a little..


Upcoming Race Adelaide Marathon - 15th August


Summary Can't complain as I'm on track with my training. I've gotten a couple of 30kms or 30kms+ runs in so the rest is just up to performance on the day.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you go great guns in Adelaide.

    Thanks for not rubbishing my idea on CR.

    SAM

    ReplyDelete