Saturday, July 3, 2010

First of the long runs....

So today, my aim was to do at least 21kms, and maybe look towards 24kms depending on where I was when the finish line was coming up.
This was going to be my first "over 20" since before hubby and I went overseas in April. So it had been a while!
Anyhow, I was confident and trying to keep the right thoughts in the head...not overthinking it all, just going out and doing it.

Don't you find that it's not always the amount of kms you run, but the route you choose? Sometimes it's 15kms but on one course it can seem so long to get to the end, while on another, it just flies!
The end 7kms of my course seems to go quite quickly. I wonder what it's going to be like on marathon day as it's all going to be new roads more or less. I've cycled on them before but never run...

I checked my time at the 21kms mark and it was 1 hour 57. Not great but I'm not unhappy about it either.

I ended up running 24kms in 2 hours and 14 minutes and 34 seconds. It's ok I guess. Makes me wonder if I'll get the marathon in under 4 and 1/2.. just depends on how much I taper off with the last 10 kms..

So I'm glad I've got that run under my belt now. Am aiming to do a 30kms run in 2 or 3 weeks, depending on how my body recovers from this run.
So far feel good but have only just come home and spent the last hour in the bath!
Heaven!

Total kms for June, 24kms

No comments:

Post a Comment