Sunday, July 4, 2010

Back on the treadmill

Had a 'recovery' run in mind today on the treadmill. Just wanted to loosen up.

Actually my body recovered pretty well from the 24kms on the road yesterday. I don't know if it's conditioning with many kms behind me, or the 45 minute bath I had after my run.... Think I'll go with the bath!

So this morning I didn't know whether to set the treadmill for 8, 10 or 12kms... I ended up setting it for 12 with the option of stopping earlier if I wanted.
I ran the 12.
I had an interesting sbs movie on which started slow (bit like my run) and then got interesting. I was pretty sore and stiff to start off with but loosened up nicely and felt pretty normal by the end of the run.

Although it was only 24kms and 18kms shy of a marathon distance, running it yesterday gave me a lot of confidence and I'm really looking forward to my 32kms run coming up in the next few weeks.
I know a lot can happen and mental preparation is a lot too... part of me just wants this marathon to be over so I can say I've done and got the first one under the belt!

Total kms for June, 36kms

No comments:

Post a Comment