Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Progress Report

Well I decided to start this blog because often I come back from a run and want to tell my significant other about all the ins and outs of it.

How I felt at kilometre one, two, three... etc etc...

And not being a runner himself, he's really not interested.

Even if he was, what would he care about the details of my run?

So I figured a blog would be a good place to record all those things I want to say about my run and my training.


First a bit of background.

I've been running off and on for the last ten years.

About September 2009, I started again, using the super duper treadmill we have at home.
Because it had been a good year at least since I'd run, I found my fitness level to be quite depressing and at that point was struggling to run a kilometre!

Luckily I persisted though and within a short few months, have progressed more than I ever would have dreamed.

On January 3rd, I achieved a lifetime goal. I ran a half marathon!
I wrote about that experience in my Musings blog...

Then on January 16th, taking myself by surprise because I never planned for it, I ran it again!
I say I never planned for it because I went out that day intending to run about 10kms... then thought if I feel good, I'll do 16... and while I was on the way to halfway mark of my 16kms route, I realised I could go a few more kms and make it another half marathon.

So that's where I am at the moment and I hope this blog will be filled! Not because I want to brag about running, but because I want to keep running, and not allow this to be another fad that I get into, then lose interest in.

1 comment:

  1. Found your blog via Ausrun!
    I can so relate to your story about wanting to tell your partner about your exercise, and him not being interested. That is so, me too!

    ReplyDelete