Saturday, January 30, 2010

After a two break...

I don't know why, but after a little break (two days in this case) I always think I've lost my fitness. I feel like I won't be able to run. I feel like I'll get out there and will have to stop before the first kilometre is done!
I don't know why that happens...

Of course, once I get into it, usually at about the five kilometre mark, I start to feel good and just zone out and enjoy what I'm doing. If I allow myself to dwell on those feelings though, I can get a little frantic.

I was going to do a 10kms run this morning but seeing as I'm working Wednesday and won't be able to run, I figured I'd try for 12kms over the four days till Wednesday and today was the first of those. Then if I can throw in an extra treadmill run Thursday night that will add to my weekly total.

So apart from the start of my run today, everything else went fine. I felt pretty good once it was over.
The body is feeling good.

I aggravated the blister on my left foot last week and that's bothering me slightly but it's nowhere near as deep as it had been so it's not really that bad.

All in all, a good start to the next four consecutive running days.

No comments:

Post a Comment