Monday, October 4, 2010

Dipping my toe in....

Every night before I run, I lay my running clothes out neatly (well some may debate the use of the word 'neatly') beside the bed so in the morning, I don't have to think. I just put them on.

Since I gave in to my back injury, I've looked at them longingly every morning. I haven't put them away. They were still there ready.

Ever ytime we go out and I see people running, I'm jealous. It's been worse these past 10 days that I haven't run.

I almost ran yesterday...

Today I was in two minds about it again and didn't put on my running clothes when I woke up but an hour later I thought I'd just give it a go...

I set out for 6kms but after about 300 meters, I thought I was going to have to stop. I felt pain going from my back down my legs.
Now don't get me wrong, it wasn't excruciating or even bad enough to cause me to stop yet, it was just there and I'm so worried I'm going to injure myself more...


After a couple of kms in, I felt comfortable and finished my 6kms...

Later on still, I realised how much I love to run simply for the way it makes me feel! My body feels so invigorated!

The pain right now is no better or worse than it was this morning so hopefully I didn't cause more damage...

Might try for the same distance tomorrow.
Just a little at a time...

Total kms for October... a measly 6kms....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the kind words on my page.

    Keep up the rehab - physical, emotional, mental. I know that I was meant to run and that I will run again and run fast. For now though I am being cautious. Greed is what got me injured and greed charaterised my running when I first started out. Now it is all about being a better runner, but more so being a better human being.

    Weird as it is, find your running god and talk to him/her/it along the way and running and life goes well. It is not rocket science - just something we have neglected as we modernised.

    Good Luck - keep believing - keep achieving!

    ReplyDelete