Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Still battling thru injury

Had to take four days off... that coupled with the three days I worked means I hadn't run for 7 days.
I get so depressed when I can't run and feel like I'll never run again...

And then I think, don't be silly, of course you'll run, but I don't think I'll ever be able to do long distances again... God I hope that's not true. I get so depressed thinking about it.

Anyhow, today I felt like my back was bearable so I took off along the beach. I wasn't sure how far I was going to run but ended up weaving in and out of streets, running hills I normally avoid and although my time was slower, generally felt ok.
I mean my back was sending shooting pains thru to my hips and upper leg but it wasn't bad enough to stop me... just bad enough to make me wonder if I was doing the right thing.

But I had to run. I just had to!!

I've noticed that I don't like going for shorter runs... runs shorter than 10kms I'd say.
I just feel like it's not worth putting on my running gear for that.
It's dumb I know because it's better to run that, than to not run at all..
I wonder if that goes through other runners minds as well?

My total kms for October is really lame and I'm almost embarrassed about it. I just hate not being able to do something I should be able to do!!

total kms for October, 95kms

No comments:

Post a Comment