Wednesday, February 23, 2011

The numbers still sound so small...

So I managed a 3kms run yesterday and had set myself four for today.
When I got to three, I stopped running but kept walking. I was disappointed because I'd set 4 for myself even though earlier in the week I was going to sit tight on 3....

Anyhow, after walking 300metres or so, I set off running again and run the last kms, and then walked another 300metres or so...

4kms running, 600metres walking... guess that's not too bad but I cringe when I think about the numbers compared to what I used to run.
I KNOW I have to run these low numbers if I ever want to see the high ones again but it's not very sexy...

At least it is getting better/easier every day... and that little break I took after 3kms really made a big difference, helping me to finish my short run strong.

It's been a week since I started running again now and I've run 16kms in total... That would have been a casual Saturday morning run for me in the past!
I do feel better and I know it's doing wonders for my singing voice!! (That's a whole other side of me)

I wish I could see into the future to know what kind of kms I will be doing in a few weeks from now...

Now I have a two day break, so I will enjoy that, recoup and get ready for 4kms on Saturday...

No comments:

Post a Comment