Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Well whaddya know...

Over the months, I've stopped going to running forums, I've stopped reading running blogs... and I stopped being so depressed that I wasn't running.

I know that my injury doesn't stop me running, but it may give me pain following run.. so there's my dilemma...

But anyhow, this morning I put my 'walking' clothes on and walked down to the shops.
A 4kms round trip..
nothing exciting about that!

For a while now, I've been saying "I'm going to run this week... I'm going to run tomorrow..." and those days have come and gone...
I was only intending to run a couple of kms.. I just wanted to get the feel of it again.

Today after I came back from my trip to the shops, I was still in light clothing so I figured what the hell, why not... and I stepped onto the treadmill.
I didn't want to run outside as I didn't want to have people seeing me stop running... at least if I have to stop and I'm on the treadmill, I'll be the only one who knows about it!

So I set the treadmill for just over 2kms and ran.

I've got to say it felt pretty magical when I first stepped on to it. Who would have imagined that? And then as I started running I felt like I'd come home.

I've lost a lot of fitness though. I ran 2kms without any trouble but I could still feel it... but from past experience, I know the fitness comes back soon.

So now I'll see how I go and give it another couple of kms on Saturday which unfortunately, is the earliest I'll be able to run again.

2kms is hardly anything to be happy about but I think the corner of my mouth are slightly upturned...
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment