Sunday, April 3, 2011

Getting better all the time

Yesterday I actually ventured outside and did a 12kms run.

It felt fantastic to be taking in the morning air and I was early enough to not be bothered by traffic... I headed off to the beach and enjoyed the serenity of calm seas... It was really beautiful and the time just went!

I've been running along that esplanade for about 10years off and on and it's amazing to me that I'll see the same walkers doing their daily routine.
Ten years to be walking the same route is a long time!
I like to mix my running routes up.

So I ran and by the time I hit the 10kms mark, I was ready to stop. 10 kms is the most I've run so far since coming back from injury but I'd set myself 12kms to do this morning and didn't want to let myself down!

So I perservered and ran 10km.. The last kms were harder because I was running away from the beach and back into traffic and it just wasn't pleasant at all.

Add to that a serious case of chafing... Now why is it that you can wear the same clothes over and over and then one day you put them on and get chafing!! I just don't get it! Especially as I love my running skirt and will be upset if I can't wear it anymore!!

So today I was back to a comfortable 10kms and I almost wussed out and stopped before reaching 10 but I got myself to forget about how many kms left and just kept going..
I did slow my speed though.. but still I did it

Total kms for April 22kms

No comments:

Post a Comment