Sunday, March 6, 2011

When to increase?

So I've been going along pretty good but I'm still only doing 4kms a run. The last two mornings I felt I could do more but I'm scared I'm going to increase it too soon. I've told myself that I should do another 4kms tomorrow and maybe only Tuesday and Wednesday increase it to 5kms.

Shouldn't be a problem right?

Physically I'm ok although I do have a bit of hip soreness... so I really don't want to push it too soon but I'm loving the feeling of being able to run again...

And I'm dying to do some decent kms..

Each time I get up I have a sense of "I can't do it. I've lost my ability to run again"
Don't know why that is but when I'm doing it, and especially at the end, I feel really good... so I try not to dwell on the negative and just get dressed and let whatever is going to happen, happen...

So I'm still hanging in there...

1 comment:

  1. The gradual build-up is always best. I think you've got the right plan.

    Don't worry about the negativity. It happens. Remember, it is only recently you've started running again. After a while, those negative thoughts will completely evaporate. :)

    ReplyDelete