Monday, March 5, 2012

It's been a while....

It's been a while since I've written so I thought I'd do a quick update of the last few months.

I'm not sure what got into me, but last year I decided to enter The Northface 100.
Ever since then, I've just been panicked about it.
It's not that I didn't think I could do it, I knew I could do it physically, I just wasn't sure I had the mental strength, or if I did, it would come at a cost to other areas in my life.
I'm just not in a position to be able to do it stress free... so I pulled out.

It was such a hard decision.

My running had been going pretty good until I got an injury but even so, I was still able to run, but the stress of having that injury and knowing that I would have to keep running with that injury and keep building my kms was just too much.

These days I'm running 70kms a week but they're broken down to 5 14km runs so it's no big deal. I'm doing them quite comfortably.
Because of this injury though, I'm not pushing my speeds and I'm not doing any hills as that tends to aggravate it.
While I could get depressed and upset about that, I'm really so very grateful to be able to run at all.

I've also decided that I'm not going to be entering any events this year. That is, not until this injury has cleared up and with me still running on it, I predict it's going to take a good six months to heal properly.

So in the meantime I keep my kms up and live through my other running friends who are out there participating in great events and going from strength to strength....

1 comment:

  1. Good for you Margot...its not an easy decision to make and you will obviously know when your ready

    ReplyDelete